Did you know?
All animals over 4 months of age and residing in the City of Visalia are required to be licensed with Animal Services Not only is licensing a health & safety issue, because a license cannot be issued without a valid rabies certficate, but it is the best way of insuring that a lost animal is returned to its owner.
Reasons to license your animal
- Many animals will usually get lost at some point in their life. Animal licenses help Animal Services staff identify and reunite lost animals with their owners.
- Officers will make every reasonable effort to return licensed animals to their owners before bringing them into the shelter, saving you time and money.
- A person finding an animal with a license tag is more likely to call Animal Services instead of assuming it was abandoned and keeping your loving pet.
- Licensing fees help support over 9,000 lost and homeless animals brought into the shelter every year.
- A license (we also recommend a microchip) is proof of ownership in case your animal is stolen.
- Owners who maintain a current license tag on their cat or dog will never receive a citation for failure to license, a $100 fine.
Online Form for animal licenses
For changes to licensed dogs;
To advise that your dog is deceased or has been given away
To change your address and contact information
Or any other licensing request changes
Email email@example.com with requested change, license tag number, name of dog, and owner's name.