The Visalia Local Energy Assurance Plan (LEAP) is a plan to strengthen local planning, resiliency and hazard impact reduction efforts. To better prepare for an energy emergency, the community, energy providers and distributors, and emergency response organizations, must be involved in emergency planning efforts. Steering and ad-hoc planning committees were formed with internal representatives from all city departments and outside agencies, both public and private. The Visalia LEAP will help link existing information into an operational energy assurance plan.
The Complete Plan has:
- Shared understanding of the roles and responsibilities of government agencies and energy providers
- Knowledge of investments needed to make energy systems more resilient
- Identified energy demands and actions necessary to extend resources through the use of alternative energy sources and energy efficiency
- Understanding of response actions in the event of a major energy disruption
- Relationships providing mutual aid across organizations
A key outcome of the project is a greater understanding of the interrelationships of the energy industry, emergency response organizations and the community in the Visalia area with emergency planning efforts.
Please click here for the copy of the LEAP Plan. (Depending on your internet speed, it may take a moment to download)
If you need additional information, please contact Karl Kassner at firstname.lastname@example.org