Low Graphics Version
HomeAbout Visalia
SearchFAQsCity GovernmentDepartments
Contact Us
Homepage > ... > Housing & Code Enforcement > Neighborhood Preservation > FAQsPrint friendly format
Sorry, this page has moved!
Please click here to go to the new location.
Do I need a license or permit to run a business out of my house
Yes. Contact the Business Tax Division at (559) 713-4326. You also need to apply for a home occupation permit with the Planning Division at (559) 713-4359.
How do I obtain a parking permit?
If you reside or own property in a certain district, the street parking maybe regulated by permit only.  You may contact the Community Development Department at (559) 713-4444.  The office is located at 315 E Acequia, Visalia, CA  93291
I am starting a new business... what licenses do I need
A City Business Tax Certificate is required; however it is a tax not a license to operate.  Requirements from other regulatory agencies may be needed and is recommended to receive approval prior to applying for a Business Tax Certificate.  Visit the web or contact the Business Tax Division at 315 E. Acequia, (559) 713-4326.
I want to complain about an illegal addition on a home
Contact the Building Safety Division at 315 E Acequia, Visalia, CA  (559) 713-4444.
What programs are there to help me fix up my property
The City of Visalia has housing rehabilitation programs available to owner-occupied residents.  Contact the Community Development Department at 559-713-4361 
Show all Categories
Home | About Visalia | Search | FAQ's | Government | Departments | Contact UsPowered by Civica Software