City of Visalia Parks & Recreation Commission
From left to right: Shann Blue, Ben Filiponi, Carla Calhoun, Peter Thomas, Steven Woods and Richard Eastes (alternate).
The six member Parks & Recreation Commission meets on the third Tuesday evening of each month at 5:30 P.M. (unless otherwise announced and publicly noticed). Meetings are held at the Visalia City Hall Council Chambers located at 707 West Acequia Avenue, in downtown Visalia. The Parks & Recreation Commission meets to discuss matters pertaining to the City’s parks, facilities, and recreation programs. Please contact the Parks & Recreation Department Business Office at (559) 713-4365 for specific meeting information.
The Parks & Recreation Commission Mission:
- Advise the City Council and City Parks & Recreation Staff
- A quality parks system that is safe, properly maintained, and equally accessible to all residents of the City of Visalia
- Quality recreational programs for all ages
- Vision and flexibility to meet the ever-changing interests of our diverse, multi-cultural community
- Develop facilities that will accommodate the needs of our active and growing community
- Be open and actively responsive to input from individuals and community organizations
For a list of current City of Visalia Committee members, visit:
Local Appointments List, in compliance with the requirements of the Maddy Act, Government Code 54970.
2016 Parks & Recreation Committee Meetings
January 19th February 16th March 28th - Joint Meeting with City Council April 19th May 17th June 21st July 19th August 16th September 20th October 18th November 15th December 20th