Low Graphics Version
HomeAbout Visalia
SearchFAQsCity GovernmentDepartments
Contact Us
Homepage > Departments > Risk Management > Claims for DamagesPrint friendly format
Claims for Damages

How do I file a claim?

Persons wishing to file a claim against the City of Visalia, must complete and timely submit a "Claim for Damages" form. 

You can access the claim form by clicking on the link below or by visiting the     City of Visalia - Risk Management Division 707 W. Acequia, Visalia CA 93291.

                   Download a Claim Form
Important!   Please carefully read the following claim information:

  • Your claim must be filed within six (6) months of the date of incident. (Government Code 911.2)
  • Your claim will be processed and handled by the City's Risk Management Division.
  • Your claim will either be settled or denied.
  • You will be notified of our decision by mail, usually within 45 days of receipt of your claim.
  • If your claim is denied, you will have six (6) months from the date the  denial notice was personally delivered or deposited in the mail, to file a court action as to any claims encompassed by the California Tort Claims Act.
  • Statutes of limitation for claims which are not encompassed by the California Tort Claims act may run independently. (Government Code 945.6)

Questions? Contact the City’s Risk Management Division at (559) 713-4300 or click on the "E-mail Us".

Home | About Visalia | Search | FAQ's | Government | Departments | Contact UsPowered by Civica Software